10 Commandments generated from “My Own Life”
1. Intentions are never seen by people – but actions are seen. Hence actions will have to be tailored to project intentions properly. Agreements should never be violated – unless & until they are changed by a new agreement. Here, time spent is not a waste – as it builds strong foundation for the “super structure” that will have stability.
2. People understand rarely – but misunderstand very easily and quickly. Leaders (office bearers) should never forget this. Strong human society is built by assuming “average intelligence” or lower, of its people – but never high level of intelligence.
3. Forgiving is good – but not forgetting. Person, who forgets, learns no lessons from the past – so never improves in future actions.
4. Those, who are in the habit of digging themselves in – (into their own grave) – will have to be allowed to dig themselves out on their own – lest no lessons are ever learnt by them. Helping them out by playing to their tune – will often result in our falling in that grave from them. They will not stop – but continue digging for others …!!!
5. There are people who can blame you for saving their lives – as you did not take their prior permission …!!!
6. Using foolish people for intelligent work, or vice versa – will result in disaster …!!!
7. Changing strategies for a “principled purpose” is wise – but changing the “principles” – will be considered unethical. Rules are never more important than the “purpose” for which it is made.
8. Consistency with principles may face troubles on the way – but is invariably the ultimate winner.
9. Assuming responsibility for others is a double edged sword. Let people take responsibility for their own actions.
10. Misplaced sympathy can be suicidal – like tolerating inefficiency. Never render service to the extent of disabling the receiver.