Cyclic Order of “Devolution-Evolution” of Atma
The infinite cyclic order of “Generation-Operation-Destruction” (which we call GOD) – is the eternal phenomenon within the infinite cosmic universe. The word “Atma (Atman)” appears common in different forms and contexts. It is very similar to the word “Allotropy” in science where structurally the same “element” has different physical forms. In decades of my reading and listening to the learned scholars, I have come across these expressions – ranging from microcosm to macrocosm as also the manifest to unmanifest. I will not be surprised if there are more such, which I have not come across, but some of them I know are listed below. Read the rest of this entry
To understand God – Try and understand Sun ‼
Often we are confused about … What, Where, Why, When, Who & How … is … God?
Understanding is achieved through 2 routes –viz- Prathyaksham & Paroksham -ie- What you perceive and experience directly through the 5 senses -OR- indirectly through books & others. We always have a greater certainty in our understanding, when it is direct than indirect.
God is unquestionably the most enigmatic entity in our lives. We need this entity very badly in our lives while in trouble, which is almost always. We want to experience GOD but cannot because – all religions have confused us to no end, leaving it impossible to have “clarity with stability”. When you understand the “atom” you understand the “matter”. When you understand the “cell” you understand the “body”. The best route is from “microcosm” to “macrocosm”.
The path of understanding traverses from the known to the unknown, but never otherwise. Hence understanding God (unknown) has to be through the Sun (known). Read the rest of this entry
Human activities cover a very wide range .It includes not only physical activities but also intellectual activities. For this wide range of activities of a human , only one raw material input is the food we take. The human body has to function as an individual complex , to convert this input into various requirements of the body to meet the needs of the different activities. In any Industrial plant , it is well known that for conversion of raw materials to end products , the plant has to be provided with energy .This is done through electricity in most plants.In the case of human body , how is this energy provided ??
The Vedic references mention about ‘Prana’ , as the source of energy for the activities of the human body.This is available everywhere in the universe. According to vedic tenets ‘Prana’ enters the body and divides itself into five forms to cover different zones and also assumes different names .’Prana’ is the prime source of energy and enters the body through respiration. The life energy or ‘Prana’ distributing itself all over the body is known as ‘Vyana’. The energy regulating excretory organs is known as ‘Apana’. The life energy catering for the neck region is known as ‘Udana’ The life energy covering nAbhi (navel) region to support digestion etc is known as ‘Samana’.These are known as ‘Pancha Pranas’ or five life energies . It is customary practice to make offerings to ‘Pancha Pranas’ before taking food .Thus respiratory system is a source of energy supply to the body .This apart, Vedic references mention also ‘ Chakras’ in our body as another source of supply. Of these , the respiratory source is considered very important and measures for respiratory control developed .The pranic energy referred to here is not of one particular type but a mixture of several types.They serve not only as source of energy but also provide faculties such as speech, hearing etc. They also influence personality. Vedic philosophies discuss this aspect .
Realising the importance of pranic energy, efforts were also made for their intake as a part of our living. Sages such as Manu, Yagnavalkya, ParAsara, Gautama and others in their ‘Smritis’ have given the art of living ( Dharma Shastra ) based on their experience .Their one objective was to enhance the nobility and respectability of humans and establish an ideal human society. Out of a rock lying uncared for and treaded by one and all, if an artisan carves an idol of God, it becomes worthy of worship. In the same manner, a human birth alone cannot reach a level of respect Some processing is necessary. This is called ‘SamskAras’ and are made integral part of living .These ‘SamskAras’ enable the individual to acquire various qualities through absorption of appropriate pranic energy.
Our predecessors realized that respiration held the key to health and personality of humans. Thus respiratory control or ‘PranayAmam’ was evolved. This view of the Indian sages was not acceptable to Scientists and the Western world. Hence, these remained as mere rituals. Around 1960, some studies of the brain and the Kirlian photography brought about a revolution. The approach of our sages received recognition. Since then lot of progress has been made.
This is also used in all Vedic rituals. Our sages have given a format for ‘PranayAmam’ .This format is discussed in the light of research of human body through Kirlian photography, brain studies etc. It will be seen from these discussions, that the format for ‘PranayAmam’ given by our sages is indeed unique and helps a great deal in preserving our physical health and also develop our personality
Mantra = Thought Postulates for Energy Creation.
Tantra = Anatomical Energy Flow Structure of Human Body.
Yantra = Latent & Inherent Governing Principles in Nature for All Energy Transformations!
1. The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena. Such activities restricted to a class of natural phenomena. Such activities applied to an object of inquiry or study. Methodological activity, discipline, or study: An activity that appears to require study and method. Knowledge, especially – that gained through experience.
2. In common usage the word science is applied to a variety of disciplines or intellectual activities which have certain features in common. Usually a science is characterized by the possibility of making precise statements which are susceptible of some sort of check or proof. This often implies that the situations with which the special science is concerned can be made to recur in order to submit themselves to check, although this is by no means always the case. There are observational sciences such as astronomy or geology in which repetition of a situation at will is intrinsically impossible, and the possible precision is limited to precision of description.
3. A common method of classifying sciences is to refer to them as either exact sciences or descriptive sciences. Examples of the former are physics and, to a lesser degree, chemistry; and of the latter, taxonomical botany or Zoology. The exact sciences are in general characterized by the possibility of exact measurement. One of the most important tasks of a descriptive science is to develop a method of description or classification that will permit precision of reference to the subject matter.
1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship; the life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion. Read the rest of this entry