1. Its original name is ” Sanatana Dharma” (Eternal Principle).
2. It is the only religion of “Dharma” and not a religion of Faith. I believe = I do not know…!!! Better to know than to blindly & ignorantly Believe…!!!
3. “Laws of Nature” are inescapable irrespective of faith.
4. It does not promise “Liberation” by denying “Freedom of Thought & Action” + Imposing Regimentation.
5. The only religion where atheists have a place – and practice their own personal realities.
6. Only religion where there is real freedom of thought & action and never any imposed regimentation on the way of living.
7. Only religion where no one prophet or one holy book rules all aspects & parts of life.
8. Many Rishis + 4 Vedas + Many Upanishads + 18 Puranas (Mythologies) + 2 Itihasas (Histories)…choose what you like to read or follow…!!!
9. Only religion that propounds that “There is Only God” and never says that “There is only One God – and that is Only Our God“.
10. Only Religion that gives the perfect definition of GOD = सर्व कारण कारका = Sarva Karana Karaka = The Original Cause of All Causes.
Cyclic Order of “Devolution-Evolution” of Atma
The infinite cyclic order of “Generation-Operation-Destruction” (which we call GOD) – is the eternal phenomenon within the infinite cosmic universe. The word “Atma (Atman)” appears common in different forms and contexts. It is very similar to the word “Allotropy” in science where structurally the same “element” has different physical forms. In decades of my reading and listening to the learned scholars, I have come across these expressions – ranging from microcosm to macrocosm as also the manifest to unmanifest. I will not be surprised if there are more such, which I have not come across, but some of them I know are listed below. Read the rest of this entry
It is impossible to find God outside of ourselves. Our own souls contribute all of the divinity that is outside of us. We are the greatest temple. The objectification is only a faint imitation of what we see within ourselves.
15 Laws: What You Need to Keep in Mind – Swami Vivekananda
3. Life is Beautiful: First, believe in this world – that there is meaning behind everything. Everything in the world is good, is holy and beautiful. If you see something evil, think that you do not understand it in the right light. Throw the burden on yourselves!
4. It’s The Way You Feel: Feel like Christ and you will be a Christ; feel like Buddha and you will be a Buddha. It is feeling that is the life, the strength, the vitality, without which no amount of intellectual activity can reach God.
5. Set Yourself Free: The moment I have realised God sitting in the temple of every human body, the moment I stand in reverence before every human being and see God in him – that moment I am free from bondage, everything that binds vanishes, and I am free.
What is selfishness? We tend to use this word very loosely. If some one desires something strongly and acquires it – which he is not prepared to share easily with others – we immediately tend to call him selfish. Is that actually selfishness? Working for wealth, larger income, greater comforts, additional possessions, sound financial security, stability in life, self preservation, emotional security, better education for children, better family welfare, more pleasures in life etc …. None of them can be classified as selfishness! They are all simple mechanisms of enhancing one’s own survival potential against the possible future challenges in life.
Some people argue that selfishness is the basic drive behind all human actions – that there is a selfish motive behind every simple action of a human – be it in friendship, marriage or even worship of God. Even falling in love has a selfish motive. A mother’s or parental love has hidden selfish motive to get back something in future from their children. All these arguments betray nothing but ignorance. Self preservation and self enhancement can never be called selfishness – as that is the basic instinct – the absence of which can be called unnatural. Ambitions and aims of life can never be classified as selfishness – as that is the purpose of life. Then what is selfishness?