1. Its original name is ” Sanatana Dharma” (Eternal Principle).
2. It is the only religion of “Dharma” and not a religion of Faith. I believe = I do not know…!!! Better to know than to blindly & ignorantly Believe…!!!
3. “Laws of Nature” are inescapable irrespective of faith.
4. It does not promise “Liberation” by denying “Freedom of Thought & Action” + Imposing Regimentation.
5. The only religion where atheists have a place – and practice their own personal realities.
6. Only religion where there is real freedom of thought & action and never any imposed regimentation on the way of living.
7. Only religion where no one prophet or one holy book rules all aspects & parts of life.
8. Many Rishis + 4 Vedas + Many Upanishads + 18 Puranas (Mythologies) + 2 Itihasas (Histories)…choose what you like to read or follow…!!!
9. Only religion that propounds that “There is Only God” and never says that “There is only One God – and that is Only Our God“.
10. Only Religion that gives the perfect definition of GOD = सर्व कारण कारका = Sarva Karana Karaka = The Original Cause of All Causes.
It is hard to find an exact equivalent to the Sanskrit word “Maya” in any other language. A loose translation or an explanation can be…illusion + delusion + hallucination. Now it is difficult to imagine the combination of all the three abstract words into one conceptual meaning. Hence this humble attempt to find examples from 3 fundamental sciences to elucidate the concept of Maya. Read the rest of this entry
Cyclic Order of “Devolution-Evolution” of Atma
The infinite cyclic order of “Generation-Operation-Destruction” (which we call GOD) – is the eternal phenomenon within the infinite cosmic universe. The word “Atma (Atman)” appears common in different forms and contexts. It is very similar to the word “Allotropy” in science where structurally the same “element” has different physical forms. In decades of my reading and listening to the learned scholars, I have come across these expressions – ranging from microcosm to macrocosm as also the manifest to unmanifest. I will not be surprised if there are more such, which I have not come across, but some of them I know are listed below. Read the rest of this entry
My connection with the subjects of “health & sickness” started fairly early in my life. In our group of friends who grew up together studying from 5th standard to professional courses, majority of us became engineers & doctors. But the rest became … professors, chartered accountants & auditors, and some others as advocates. Probably I was the only odd one out – who was interested in medical sciences as much, while pursuing engineering and finally qualifying as an “electrical & electronics” engineer. My subsequent employment with GE-USA (working in India) as a marketing engineer for their electromedical equipments, deepened my connection with the medical world of diagnosis, treatment, doctors & hospitals (both rural & urban)….while haunting me for the rest of my life till now, irrespective of my main field of work for a living, in the varied engineering industries. My interest in any & all subjects with some intermittent & accidental incidents, forced me to study alternate medicine, holistic medicine, Indian system of medicine (AYUSH) etc. I think that, this long introduction of my background may help the reader of this article to view it in its own perspective, while evaluating its contents.
Old Joke: Operation successful, But patient died!
Presently emerging & scary reality: Operation successful, So patient died! Read the rest of this entry