Q. What is Yoga?
A. The process that helps unification, OR, that which facilitates union.
Q. Union of what?
A. 3-principal entities…Body, Mind & Soul (Spirit) of any individual person.
Q. Are not they already united in a person?
A. No! They reside in the same home called “person” but stay disunited mostly.
Q. Can you explain, or elaborate?
A. Is your mind always at where your body is?
Q. Not so?
A. No! If so why and how can accidents occur or confusions happen?
Q. Is not the brain always in the body…united with it?
A. Yes! Brain is an integral part of the body…the hardware!
You may have been consuming drugs for health – but getting sickly more and more? Did you ever think why? Drugs don’t cure! Do you know that? They only relieve or control..! Medicines alone help cure! Actually Body & Mind can completely cure themselves with the right kind of help. Do you know the actual difference between a drug and a medicine? Contrary to the normal belief that they are synonyms (same) – they are actually antonyms (opposite). Drugs take away control of your body & mind from you! Medicines reverse this and restore the control back to you!
Let me elaborately clarify here how it is so …
Drug: A drug is a chemical substance that takes control of your body or mind depending on its own inherent nature. For example – when you take a sleeping pill, it puts you to sleep no matter how much you want to be awake! It rules over your body & mind. You can repeat this exercise many times – and you will experience the same every time.
It does not stop there! Subsequently when you want to sleep, it will make your body ask for the pill again. As you start yielding to its demand, it will keep asking progressively for more and more pills for the same amount of sleep while reducing the quality of sleep! You will finally end up in a state that – unless you have many pills each time – you simply cannot have even normal sleep – which is so natural to all living creatures. By now you have become totally a slave to that pill. Pill is the lord & master! This state is called drug dependence. Your life will not be under your control – but the drug.
Read the rest of this entry
1. The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena. Such activities restricted to a class of natural phenomena. Such activities applied to an object of inquiry or study. Methodological activity, discipline, or study: An activity that appears to require study and method. Knowledge, especially – that gained through experience.
2. In common usage the word science is applied to a variety of disciplines or intellectual activities which have certain features in common. Usually a science is characterized by the possibility of making precise statements which are susceptible of some sort of check or proof. This often implies that the situations with which the special science is concerned can be made to recur in order to submit themselves to check, although this is by no means always the case. There are observational sciences such as astronomy or geology in which repetition of a situation at will is intrinsically impossible, and the possible precision is limited to precision of description.
3. A common method of classifying sciences is to refer to them as either exact sciences or descriptive sciences. Examples of the former are physics and, to a lesser degree, chemistry; and of the latter, taxonomical botany or Zoology. The exact sciences are in general characterized by the possibility of exact measurement. One of the most important tasks of a descriptive science is to develop a method of description or classification that will permit precision of reference to the subject matter.
1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship; the life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion. Read the rest of this entry
Life is all about “Survival”. No matter what you do – it is always for the purpose of momentary survival –or- to enhance future potential for survival.
Primary cause of pain is enforcement. This can be internally self-imposed, or externally imposed by others. An enforced compression (blow) – or- enforced expansion (pull) on any body part can cause pain. Similarly on the mind too! If a capable person is given lesser position of responsibility – it amounts to enforced compression and thus the pain. Similarly if an incapable person is given heavy responsibility – if amounts to enforced expansion and thus the pain again.
Pleasure is pro-survival. Pain is contra-survival.
Hence all our conscious actions are directed towards obtaining pleasure and avoiding pain. But our sub-conscious instincts drive us and misdirect us towards pain – as a result of confusion – while actually seeking pleasure.
Pain is inevitable in life – as life is dynamic. But sufferance is optional. Read the rest of this entry
In Vedanthic Upanishads – there is an essential joint prayer (Manthra) by the Guru (teacher) & the Sishya (student) – defining their relationship and prior agreement of purpose between them. It is quoted below in Sanskrit.
Sahanavavathu – Sahanoubhunakthu – Sahaveeryam Karavaavahai
Tejaswinavadheethamastu – Maavidvishavahai
Aum shaanthi shaanthi shaanthihi.
Translation: Let God protect both (teacher & student) of us in all ways. Let God help us learn together and from each other, so we jointly experience the truth. Let there never be any rivalry, conflict or animosity between us. Let there be harmony, peace & tranquility in all the 3-planes connected with our life –ie- physiological, mental & environmental.
The essence of the above prayer finds its reflection in the code of conduct for the pre clears (PC) and auditors in Scientology. Though the Auditor & PC are not the exact equivalent of Guru and Sishya – similarity exists in the work cooperation between the two for learning and jointly advancing towards spiritual enlightenment. Read the rest of this entry