Cyclic Order of “Devolution-Evolution” of Atma
The infinite cyclic order of “Generation-Operation-Destruction” (which we call GOD) – is the eternal phenomenon within the infinite cosmic universe. The word “Atma (Atman)” appears common in different forms and contexts. It is very similar to the word “Allotropy” in science where structurally the same “element” has different physical forms. In decades of my reading and listening to the learned scholars, I have come across these expressions – ranging from microcosm to macrocosm as also the manifest to unmanifest. I will not be surprised if there are more such, which I have not come across, but some of them I know are listed below. Read the rest of this entry
Yoga – Q&A
Q. What is Yoga?
A. The process that helps unification, OR, that which facilitates union.
Q. Union of what?
A. 3-principal entities…Body, Mind & Soul (Spirit) of any individual person.
Q. Are not they already united in a person?
A. No! They reside in the same home called “person” but stay disunited mostly.
Q. Can you explain, or elaborate?
A. Is your mind always at where your body is?
Q. Not so?
A. No! If so why and how can accidents occur or confusions happen?
Q. Is not the brain always in the body…united with it?
A. Yes! Brain is an integral part of the body…the hardware!
Understanding “The Soul”
If you roll a “Powerful Magnet” in a heap of “Iron Dust” what will you see? A huge quantum of “iron dust” collecting & sticking to the magnet all round and hiding the magnet totally from our view. We cannot even imagine the original shape of the magnet, till the dust is totally removed to expose the magnet hidden in the core of that mass. The magnetism of that “core magnet” pervades & permeates to make every particle of the iron dust an individual live magnet, to hold together the surrounding iron dust particles. The “Cells” that make up our body are exactly like that iron dust. The magnetism of “This Magnet” owning & operating the body is what we call “The Soul”. Every cell is a live individual as long as the soul is present. The moment it vacates the body of cells, the cells disintegrate into 5 separate elements (Earth, Water, Fire, Gas & Space) and go back to their respective abodes from where they were collected to form the body.
Defining Science, Religion & Spirituality
1. The observation, identification, description, experimental investigation, and theoretical explanation of phenomena. Such activities restricted to a class of natural phenomena. Such activities applied to an object of inquiry or study. Methodological activity, discipline, or study: An activity that appears to require study and method. Knowledge, especially – that gained through experience.
2. In common usage the word science is applied to a variety of disciplines or intellectual activities which have certain features in common. Usually a science is characterized by the possibility of making precise statements which are susceptible of some sort of check or proof. This often implies that the situations with which the special science is concerned can be made to recur in order to submit themselves to check, although this is by no means always the case. There are observational sciences such as astronomy or geology in which repetition of a situation at will is intrinsically impossible, and the possible precision is limited to precision of description.
3. A common method of classifying sciences is to refer to them as either exact sciences or descriptive sciences. Examples of the former are physics and, to a lesser degree, chemistry; and of the latter, taxonomical botany or Zoology. The exact sciences are in general characterized by the possibility of exact measurement. One of the most important tasks of a descriptive science is to develop a method of description or classification that will permit precision of reference to the subject matter.
1. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power or powers regarded as creator and governor of the universe.
2. A personal or institutionalized system grounded in such belief and worship; the life or condition of a person in a religious order.
3. A set of beliefs, values, and practices based on the teachings of a spiritual leader.
4. A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion. Read the rest of this entry
Deep similarities & congruity between Veda & Scientology
Scientology is the most advanced phenomenon that LRH evolved from Dianetics. The word Scientology literally means “the study of truth.” It comes from the Latin word “scio” meaning “knowing in the fullest sense of the word” and the Greek word “logos” meaning “study of.”
Scientology is the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, others and all of life. The Scientology religion comprises a body of knowledge extending from certain fundamental truths. Prime among these:
Man is an immortal, spiritual being. His experience extends well beyond a single lifetime. His capabilities are unlimited, even if not presently realized — and those capabilities can be realized. He is able to not only solve his own problems, accomplish his goals and gain lasting happiness, but also achieve new, higher states of awareness and ability.
In Scientology no one is asked to accept anything as belief or on faith. That which is true for you is what you have observed to be true. An individual discovers for himself that Scientology works by personally applying its principles and observing or experiencing results.
Through Scientology, people all over the world are achieving the long-sought goal of true spiritual release and freedom. Read the rest of this entry